The following presentation and activities will consider:
- what is meant by globalisation and interdependence
- how globalisation affects us
- where and how these themes might be addressed in schools and subjects
How does this topic relate to Global Learning and not just Geography?
Learning about globalisation and interdependence will:
- help young people to understand their role in a globally interdependent world and encourage them to explore strategies by which they can make it more just and sustainable
- familiarise teachers and pupils with the concepts of interdependence, development, globalisation and sustainability
- stimulate critical thinking about global issues both at whole school and at pupil level
Interdependence is a key idea in the CCGL curriculum framework
Build your own definitions
GROUP 1 What words would you use to help you describe ‘globalisation’?
GROUP 2 What words would you use to help you describe ‘interdependence’?